June 7, 2011

Same God

Welp.  All the bags are packs.  This is real.  I am driving to Little Rock tomorrow.  Wednesday at 4:45 a.m.  I will meet my team in the airport and be in the air at 6:00.  It's crazy to think that I will be spending 2 months in a place I've never even visited.  Usually, before deciding to stay somewhere for a solid amount of time-- you go on a trial run, you test it out to see if you can make it... to see if you'll feel good about being there.  Even camps have a week of training.  This is a very unique situation that requires my team and I to just jump right on in.  Oh, I have no doubt that it's going to be a great experience and I believe whole heartedly that the Lord is going to work... but right now... it all seems a little scary.  New place. New people. New culture. Same God. Yes!  He is the same God.  There is so much comfort in that. 

Psalm 102:26-27
They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded. But you remain the same, and your years will never end."

Hebrews 13:6-8
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence,“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Please pray for safe travels and good attitudes. 
This is real.  I'm going to Thailand!
New place. Same God.

2 comments:

  1. Leigha, I just read all of your blog and I am so excited about what God has and will be doing in your life and on this trip! I hope the flight was as quick as possible and you were able to sleep. We are praying for you continuously. Note worthy quote: Never fear the "unknown" future with the "known" God.
    Love mom xxxxooooooxxxxxoooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Leigha! You may need to reread it yourself a few times the next few weeks to keep your focus on God's face and the prayer that never fails-Let thy will be done!
    We're proud of you and praying for you!
    Cheryl and Lathem

    ReplyDelete