November 24, 2012

Training for nothing?

Yes, this blog was previously used to share about my experiences in Thailand... BUT Thailand was real life, just like this is real life. So... here is my life today...

I am about to start training for a half marathon.

"Oh, so, like you've been running for a while?"
No...

"Have many races have you ran before?" 
I attempted to run a 5k... a pregnant woman passed me.

"But you've ran more than a mile before, right?" 
No, I don't recall that I have.

These are questions that people have been asking me when I tell them I want to train for a half marathon.  Actually, that's really not true.  These are questions I have been asking myself.  Those thoughts hold doubts and insecurities that I don't understand, but I want to overcome.

Here's another little tid bit of information.  I don't actually plan on running in a real half marathon.  Too much hype.  Too much stress for the heart of Leigha Suzanne Hill.  Unnecessary stress.  I am training for a half marathon to provide me with a goal.  Also, my friend Kendall is training for a legit half marathon and I want to support her. Shout-out to Ken.

GOALS: 
1. I want to have more energy.
2. I want to maintain a more structured life.
3. I want to do something that appears impossible... something that REQUIRES me to rely on the Lord.
4. I want to support my friend, Kendall!  It's always nice to know there is someone else going through what you are... even if it is self induced.

What are my rules?
1. Follow the plan Ken gave me.
2. It's okay to walk.  Just finish it.
3. Drink lots of water. We're not trying to dehydrate.
4. If I miss a day.  I'm going to get over it and move on.
5. Bring scripture with me on notecards. This is real encouragement.
6. Change the rules, if necessary.

Starting tomorrow! 3 miles in the park. Oh, my.

leigha

No comments:

Post a Comment